RX Relief Program
No Prescription Coverage? On Long Term Medications? We may be able to help.
Many pharmaceutical companies have patient assistance programs where they provide long-term medications for individuals free of charge if certain income and eligibility requirements are met.
There is no cost to apply for assistance with these programs. Approval is generally received within just a few days after application is submitted to the company.
The approval period varies with each pharmaceutical company. General approval is for a minimum of 90 days, and at times as long as a year. After your approval period has expired, a new application, along with proof of income must be submitted.
- No prescription coverage (some exclusions apply)
- Low to moderate income
How does the program work?
- Our caseworker/agent will help you to complete a simple application
- Your doctor's name and phone number required
- Tax return, W-2 and/or social security benefits letter required
- If no income, caseworker/agent will help with verification of how your needs of daily living are met
- If approved, medication will be delivered to First Refuge Ministries in 2-3 weeks
- First Refuge will contact you when medications are available