In following the example of our Savior, a foundational part of First Refuge is the Prayer Ministry. Below are several areas in which we covet your continued prayers. Attached are scripture verses that can be used in prayer, to claim God’s promises, or to praise our Lord.
Thanksgiving and Adoration:
Let us give thanks to our Father for all He has provided and praise Him for the grace and mercy He has lavished on us, through Jesus Christ.
- Philippians 4:6 -“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
- Colossians 4:2- “Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.”
As First Refuge ministries continue to share the gospel of Jesus Christ by offering essential services to those in need, it will come upon resistance and assault from the evil one. Pray for protection for the ministry, staff, volunteers, board members and clients.
- II Thessalonians 3: 1-5 -“Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you, and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. And we have confidence in the Lord about you, that you are doing and will do the things that we command. May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.”
Please pray for wisdom for the First Refuge staff, board members, and volunteers as they seek God’s guiding hand for this ministry.
- Proverbs 2:6 - “For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding”
- James 1:5 - “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
Salvation of the Lost:
There are many examples, in God’s Word, of believers coming to Christ on the behalf of others; the Centurion on behalf of his servant; Mary and Martha on behalf of Lazarus; Jairus on behalf of his daughter. These people that came to Jesus were very specific in their requests. Ought we not follow their examples and intervene for the lost, praying specifically?
- Romans 10:1 - “Brethern, my heart’s desire and my prayers to God for them is for their salvation.”
- I Timothy 2:4 - “[God our Savior], who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
God's Power and Provision:
God’s Word tells us to “Ask…Seek…Find” (Matthew 7:7-10). James tells us, “You have not because you do not ask.” (James 4:2) Paul tells us in Philippians 4:19 “and my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 - “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.”